Once upon a time, there was a stray dog. It wasn't any stray dog, it was actually left behind by a neighbour of mine who had shifted away. Being a playful dog, it gave almost everything a chase, be it a car, motorcycle, bicyclist, passer by at my neighbourhood. I disliked him at the beginning, but it liked my family and I a lot, always wagging its tail whenever I got home, accompanied my parents during their morning jog, everyday without fail etc. My mother somehow 'sayang' the dog and named him 'obama', I disagreed and gave him another name i.e. blackie, all thanks to its colour. It grew closer to my family especially my parents, and it always stayed under my father's car, barked at every single stranger, and his favourite, to chase after motorcyclists. One day, an accident happened, a teenager bang my gate because he lost control and, blackie was the culprit. My father had to spend a few hundreds to get the gate fixed. For a few days, it dare not come closer to my father and his car, fearing he will hit him. It went away, to some other place for a short period and my parents got worried. Fortunately, one fine day, they saw him crossing the main road, nearly got knocked down by a car, my parents were shocked but he was alright at the end. He finally came back and continued his routine which is to be playful. My other neighbours started liking him, gave him bones and what not because he was actually man's best friend who took care of our houses.
Unfortunately, there were some who disliked him, reported to the authority. Only last week, blackie was shot dead. It happened very quickly and silently. My mother was at home and she knew that was happening but couldn't do anything except to pray for his safety. The authority came rather early that day so 2dogs, blackie and its friend were shot; if they were to come later in the morning, the dog would be staying under my father's car and it will be safe. It got away several times as the authority came before noon but it can't run away last week.
I was speechless when my mother told me these. Yes, I liked scolding him and chasing him away as it always came very near me when I got down from my car but now I know I can no longer see him, I feel sad. I couldn't help but recalling what I did to him when he was alive. Forgive me Blackie. You'll be dearly missed. R.I.P Blackie-29/2/2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment