the most significant food in Penang, I would say is Char Koay Teow.. you will see Char Koay Teow wherever you go, it's haunting you wherever you go.. it's different from the conventional char koay teow we find elsewhere-because it has 2 big prawns , I repeat, TWO big prawns and some Chinese sausages (which I hated a lot)...
laksa is the next food you can find.. to be frank, i hated laksa because it looks as if the soup was made from tissue paper-haha, how gross.. but after tasting the laksa at Kek Lok Si (before entering the temple), I was like, hey it's not tissue paper, it's yummy...
the rest of the food can be seen at the bottom.. the ones which are larger means they are tastier..

our first meal-char koay teow, char kueh kak, hokkien mee (resembles mee udang in Perak) and balley..
*did not take any pictures of the food we ate on our first night because I was too shy as we ate with his friends.. idiotic me, as if they care...

breakfast before climbing the Kek Lok Si temple.. Laksa, popiah and sugarcane water.. the laksa uncle (the one in green apron) was so adorable as he stopped and posed for us though the queue was rather long.. what a friendly laksa uncle-I will definately visit this laksa stall again if I get to go there again.. ohh, the popiah was equally nice, hot from the stove, very crispy-*2 thumbs up*

our late lunch, after coming down from the temple... erm hainan chicken rice, not recommended (not nice la), the char koay teow is good but it's way too pricey... the herbal tea was expensive too, 1 glass there equals to 2 glasses elsewhere.. hmm, don't visit the restaurant (it's around the laksa stall too at Kek Lok Si)..
some random street food.. Penang chu cheong fan, I don't really like it-why? maybe it's too dry, maybe it's due to the prawn paste.. the rest: egg tart, muar chee and dunno-what-are-those-called were fingerlicking good...
had a very heavy late dinner at Crepe Cottage, Leng brought us there... the crepes were superb!!!
our final day breakie... 2 half-boiled eggs on 2 pieces of toasted bread.. it's ok I guess because I am never a fan of half-boiled egg but the pepper has gotten rid of the smell for me, so it's acceptable for me.. and oh, must finish it when they are still hot, then it's confirmed yummy..
*our lunch was break into 2 sessions because according to Leng, we have to try the cake of the day at Amelie's Cafe..

Amelie's cafe does not only sell delicious cakes/brownies and serve nice drinks but the environment is very different.. different as in better.. for me, it's a very very very very very small restaurant (google it if you don't trust me)-how small? it fits 10customers max -4 tables and 1 kitchen occupy the whole restaurant... as for the food and drinks, i tried banana lime, leng asked for longan milk while he ordered espresso and all of us requested the cake-of-the-day which happened to be choco brownie.. nice ambience, nice drinks, nice cake..
final meal before pushing off.. roti *non-halal*, yong tau fu, ice kacang and wet popiah..
the aftermath of this trip --weight gain... grrrr, need to go to the torture chamber more often...
No comments:
Post a Comment