this article was extracted from nst March 9,2008..
good job tessie lim (she wasn't merely answering d ques for d sake of it, but gave an in-depth clarification of the issue), d person who brought dis question up is brilliant as well..
in case u guys didn't come across this article or didn't have d time to flip through newspaper, u hav it here now...
Title: HOW TO TELL IF IT'S LOVE??
Q: I'm a university student who is confused about love. I see my friends comfortable about who their partners are but i find myself holding back because I feel unsure if the people who hang around me are sincere (dis goes to both girls&guys-my own view)How can I tell? I have an idea who I like but can't be sure about my feelings. I have friends who've been hurt, suicidal even when their boyfriends left them (dun b stupid, our own life is way way precious then ur bf or whoeva).
A: To be young and in love-isn't dat just d best thing!!(duhhh, dis 1 i dun agree)You do know, don't you, that we can only ever give away what we have. One doesn't squeeze a lemon and get orange juice. To love another truly and completely, demands that we first love ourselves (very true!!!!)The more self-esteem we have, the more love we have for others.
What does love means to u? How deserving do you feel of true love? What are your expectations? You've probably heard that our expectations are self-fulfilling prophecies, that we get what we most think about becoz we produce what we give most of our energy to.
When who we are, our identity, or sense of self is determined by another person, it;s when we are weakest and most susceptible to problems (totally agree wif dis statement) When we allow another person to determine our progress, our happiness and our reason for living is when disaster strikes hardest(u hav gotta read dis twice and bear dis in mind!!!)
Why not see your capasity to love as being able to allow, accept and appreciate someone for who they ? (again, read dis twice!!!) What we do is called love only when the other person becomes stronger, is raised up and blossoms into their potential. In return, we want love to enjoy a sense we belong, and a sense of being part of sth bigger than ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment